Monday, May 6, 2013

Garden start up

I have been fighting google since January trying to log on. I don't know if there was a virus or what but finally was able to log in.
I read on Facebook that you can make caramel sauce from sweetened condensed milk in a crock pot so I had to try it.
Put a can of sweetened condensed milk in a crock pot full of water. Remove the label first.
set it on low for 8 hrs.
I put it in 5pm and set the oven timer to go off in 8 hrs. which would be at 1:00 am. Remember to tell your family what the alarm is for because my son turned it off and I didn't find the can till 12 noon the next day.
 
of course it was burnt.
I bought some apples special for caramel sauce so I'm trying again.
 
 
Starting off slow, buying our plants. My son is getting the garden itch. Now that his finger is finally healing and doesn't have to worry about getting it wet.






Our second year with the Misty early season Blueberry. It's a little peppery so I think I will be buying another one that is sweeter.
Strawberries

2 Jalapenos


1 Big Beef and 1 Sweet 100 tomato.



My favorite, Pom Pom Peonies


Asiatic Lilly

My son's finger
He just had the stitches out and it looks like he won't lose it thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment